Thursday, September 06, 2007

Spumoni Gardens in Brooklyn...

I haven't had much time to do anything for the first 7 mos of the year really until I went on a working vacay to England and Paris for the month, then CA for a couple weeks. Anyhoodle, I now had the leisure to go to Spumoni Gardens in Brooklyn for part of Labor Day in the city--yes I turned down Bermuda to do nothing locally :)

The last time I went there was with Julia in the dead of winter in my little ZipCar, making pit stops @ Costco and Target, because apparently that's our idea of fun. Serious. Pizza here. F*cking amazing--it's all in the sauce. OHHHH it's all in the sizzaaauce!! (of course a little oregano never hut anybody.) Open 7 days a week even most holidays. GO NOW. by the D train at 2725 86th St. by Ave U in the bk and if by car exit #5 to Bay Parkway off the BQE/278W.

We got lost (*damn you googlemaps!*) but either way it's far but it's the best damn pizza and totally worth freezing our asses off then, and sweating our asses off this past weekend for some fluorescent green Italian ice-cream (not gelato mind you), and the half tray of sicilian pizza on the face of this earth. Being the italio-phile that I am, you know that speaks volumes.

You like the clear shot of my bag? Yeaaaah you do! And the Pepsi product placement. Anyhoodlekins, I usually bring back a pint of Pistacchio ice-cream but I settled for a cone this time--a SMALL. Julia and I both got pistacchio, Jane got the rainbow. O.o even has little chunks in it. Given the heat this labor day weekend, I figured green guck could possibly NOT be the best idea. Plus we brought our dogs. They'd probably devour whole. OoooOhhhhhh my doggies.

That's Hansie (No) Pants and Baby. Also Julia's feet, and my feet in the right picture. You can see my ten dollar flats from urbn start to fall apart :) annnnd *scene*. There will be no pics of people on this site--except minor cut offs in pics :P

No comments: