Thursday, September 06, 2007

mi Chelsea kitchen...

Contrary to popular belief, and what you might surmise from this site anyway, I actually don't like to dine out TOO often. I do, when I have the time and serenity of mind, very much enjoy cooking--except I'm no vegan/organic/food snob, I just like to make what's good to my palate, down home shit with a little fancy pants to it now and then, and a little nouveau asian-mediterranean twist to it, as I've coined my style anyway.

Jun and Jane came over for dinner and yelled at "The Hills Have Eyes" playing OnDemand while I poofed it all up (dunno why that was the film of choice for dinner given some uh...unsavory scenes :P). Went to Whole Foods (the Gristedes near me is appallingly shady in produce/expiration dates/pricing for that kinda wilted crap anyway so I had to settle for overpriced perceivably organic fancy pants crap) and picked up some Bok Choy, dill, parsley, lime, roma tomatoes, shallots...AND LOTS OF GARLIC. Toss in a little fish sauce in there (and yes I use it in EVERYTHING I make and no one knows the diff).

Jane brought over her mom's pork...things. I can't remember what I/she/we call them but they're just pork pieces on bone, sauteed--u know, often in those clay pots. Whatever, moving on. Made my random concoction of usually pan-roasted chicken in a lime-dill-tomato sauce, and the giant bok choy with oil and lotsa garlic, sometimes in the remnants of whatever sauce I made for the meats. And we had brownies for dessert :)

And all with rice of course, b/c well, that's the way we do. YAAAAAAY.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice blog. i'll be drooling.

Anonymous said...

Its called sweet and sour pork, my fav.