Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Jaime's bday brunch @ Spoon...

Look a little...familiar?? Possibly, oh, from THIS lovely set??
watermelon + champagne @ spoon
I'm a little behind--this was from near end of July--I put the camera down for a bit and just...ATE :) Birthday is coming up so gear up for Stone Barns, possibly Marea (!), L'artusi or Otto, and a new vietnamese place in Williamsburg whose owner I've been in touch with since back in...June? ^_^ so excited!! Should be effin' TASTY for once :P It's a watermelon/champagne concoction from the house.

ANYHOODLE...so brunch was a whole ordeal @ tblsp brunch (at Spoon, of course). About...10-11 womensfolk and LOTS of food. We all hovered around similar egg skillets, pancakes, etc and there were so many of us I didn't want to be that d-bag holding everybody up while shooting their food!
That was Mansi's fruit/granola yogurt parfait. This shit u don't get @ McDonald's or...some deli, amigos. Look at the grains!! :) I tend to not get yogurt granola berry thing-a-ma-bobbers @ restos b/c I feel like I can cobble together a much better version and pay infinitely less for infinitely tastier--but, Spoon's got me smackin' mah lips and rubbin' my hands together.

I also like judging a place by the scones/breads/muffins they put out--and Spoon had some tasty stuff, of course. There was a cornbread with...I'm not even gonna try to remember--BUT i remember a raspberry scone (perfectly, thinly/delicately crisp on the outside and moist on the inside--without being cakey), a brown sugar/maple muffin, and some other thing that was good but I don't remember. *note to self--take notes while eating...and possibly start new series of photos with me and fork/knife and plate*
eggs in skillet @ spoon
Doesn't that look like something I need to consume in a cabin but not in some disgusting hermit eating dirt way?? This had 2 eggs, home fries, bacon, spinach--i forget what else but it was by far the healthiest (and yes filling) version of crazy breakfast eggs I've had in terms of recognizable roughage and...whatnot :P There were 2 other variants of this egg skillet bizness, rotating tomatoes or whatever else int here. I didn't get one which wasn't in skillet form--I think it was Abby's that had bruschetta and artichokes or something. YARR...i was debating on getting that and my egg skillet stuff too. Sorry it's so vague--I can barely remember. So much for just enjoying food and not noting it for the blog!! :) Breakfast pizza maybe? Damn you Spoon for not having the brunch menu up!
pancakes w/ blueberry maple syrup @ spoon
Besides being farm-to-table fresh (which totally had that vibe in decore anyway that put it over-the-top quaint see mason jar drink!), they have ur obligatory Stumptown coffee to make it JUST that...'artisanal'-y :) Piece de resistance methinks would be the yummay house blueberry maple syrup (available for purchase, I believe!). I'm no syrup fan--so excessively viscous and saccharine...makes me gag (not in that repulsive way, in that....compulsive way!)

BUT...this and the syrup @ Five Leaves...mmmmm I will intravenously consume ANY DAY!!! And that is *not* ice cream, homeskillets, that is...pure...buttery...heaven. Oh little blueberry oblivious to the frothy warm silk enveloping it! YOU SILLY LITTLE BLUEBERRY!! YOU DON"T EVEN KNOW!!! :)

That's all. I'm tired. I still have more july brunches to post!! Aug was full blackout of meals tho I did enjoy quite a few--like Moules Marinieres and Provencale ^_^_^_^^

No comments: