Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Le Bernardin...

As part of graduation gluttony, I'm topping off a week of Reyarnd's, Kefi, Lincoln, Ai Fiori....with Le Bernardin lunch!

I have to say, service and cooking is immaculate--that's a good piece a fish ya knowhaddamean? Sauces were great, tasted asian-y is as best as I can put it. I don't remember much other than some kind of black garlic persian lemon sauce with my black bass, and pata negra emulsion with the roasted monkfish. Escolar was delicious with kaffir lime-lemongrass scented mariniere and sea beans + nori. Desserts were good. Everything was nice, just not mindblowing. Strangely enough I salivate more thinking of Tchoup Shop than I do Le Bernarin. Still, an experience to be had. I think so far on this level of fine dining, I still like Marea much more than the rest.

ONWARD!!

Oysters to start (Albie's)--assorted west coast/east coast including kumamoto and others I didn't pay attn to :)
Le Bernardin -

I had the poached escolar. Sauce. was. amazeballs. Really dug the lemon grass and kaffir lime. Subtle!
Le Bernardin - escolar

Salmon rillettes--not a big fan of salmon, but I liked it enough to eat a significant chunk!
Le Bernardin - salmon rillete

Roasted monkfish! monkfish was meh, sauce again was delish. Morels = <3.
Le Bernardin - roasted monkfish
Black Bass--tasty, cooked perfectly, wish there was a little more going on with this tho. Maybe some veggies!
Le Bernardin - black bass

Desserts--refreshing, light, nice...nice. no exclamation marks. :)
Yuzu:
Le Bernardin - yuzu mandarin sorbet
Hazelnut-vanilla marshmallows:
Le Bernardin - hazelnut & marshmallows

...and...financiers & coffee to finish!
Le Bernardin - financiers

No comments: