Sunday, January 27, 2008

Super-(righteous)-Mac & cheese...

I have a ton of backlog posts but for now, u shall get "SUPERMAC!" on 29th & 7th ave. (Stay tuned to same bat-channel for a Billy's Bakery vs. Magnolia's showdown w/ cupcakes and red velvet cake)...
I'm not too keen on mac & cheese (meh!) but I did like it at Cafeteria (17th & 7th)--which apparently is open 24 hrs a day (and downstairs bar) which I must utiliiiiize (24/7-ness, not bar-ness). Last time I had poached egg and vegetable stack w/ grilled portabello, tomato, avocado, caramelized asparagus brown butter. super crowded for brunch but meh!

Used my gorillapod (tripod) today to maneuver the photos sans flash :P might i say--gorillapod ROCKS!!! sooo much better. I always thought flash makes everything so...succinct so cold/frigid looking (sometimes) but anyway, yay!
Back to SuperMac--which isn't S'Mac but same concept. I had the Wild Mushroom mini-mac with bread crumbs, truffle oil, cremini mushroom, portabello and something. Julia had traditional mac (whatebbs!!) :) Comes in mini-mac or super-mac which MY GOD is a glorious white ceramic little pot. Tasty tasty--next time to try: buffalo shrimp/chicken mac, LOBSTER THERMIDOR mac >.<, and some other ishes. Mini-macs range from $6.50 - $8.75 and Supermac ranges from $8-$12 bucks.

Here's another shot:
DSC_0229.JPG

*BONUS!*
They serve Rice to Riches pudding AND cupcakes from Crumbs. Saves me the trip downtown, and uptown, respectively. huzzaaaah. That and there are some interesting appetizers like crispy linguini and Mac & cheese nuggets! (??)

No comments: