Monday, September 08, 2008

iKEA Swedish Almond Cake!...

DSC_1338
First time I had this was a few wks ago back when I was visiting family in CA--when my bro and his gf took me to Ikea for BREAKFAST....and *tasty!* it was O.o So, on Sunday when I drove w/ Carolyn to the new Ikea in Redhook I had to buy a whole cake ^_^
DSC_1332
It's very moist, light, not very sweet--bordering on NOT sweet--but just perfectly tinged with a sweet flavor. There's also, surprisingly, a complete lack of that strong almond extract essence that I'd normally expect with anythign 'almond' (i.e. almond buttercream...see SSS entry).
DSC_1348
Also bought the chooooooocolate version! This plain white one--from the ingredients page I guess it's just buttercream? but much gooey-er than the cupcake buttercream frosting which I'm assuming is just not whipped, more oil, *way* less sugar. YAAAAAY!
DSC_1327
I lub me some Ikea...I lub me some Ikea food.

3 comments:

thiliMy said...

Flying into LaGuardia last night I had a great view of the Red Hook IKEA as we circled. And I salivated a little. Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

i want to learn this recipe soo bad. it's better than any other almond cake i've tried!

nadia faisal tweit said...

woooooooooooow
i love this one ............the best in the world.....realy its the best that i have tried..... thank you IKEA......