Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Lazy Soba/Salad...

What happens when you have excess of dry goods and ingredients? YOU MAKE A SALAD! :) [I don't make casseroles, I'm not THAT white.]
I dunno, I don't COOK-cook lately...I just assemble. So, just had some leftover arugula from my sammich-ing, pickled daikon from my unagi-don days (not THAT long ago). That's also some deli-shaved (whatever u call it) chicken that I shredded hehehhehee :) Talk about leftovers. (You'll have to click for the larger image--the resolution and general shiny factor is de-lovely.)
Also had some soba noodles (bought a pack of the green soba noodles so I wanted to finish this buckwheat one off quick). At Sunrise, they had whatever frickin' greens in their "soba salad" sans meats so I figure the soba sauce makes for good salad dressing. (and that nuoc mam pha, a.k.a. diluted/seasoned fish sauce--or dipping sauce according to the blasphemy/lies the "Vietnamese" restaurants here label it.) Anyway--supposedly it's also called "cha-soba", I'm assuming as in maccha soba. MEH! Pretty no? (pic taken from robskee.com)
That arugula--sure is frickin' bitter w/ the soba sauce. Maybe the liquidy goodness brings out the flavors of arugula (which by the way is a little citrusy if u ask me...citrusy and bitter.) UTTERLY CONFOUNDING!! :)

A while ago I wrote about that ginger salad dressing--I'll take pics of it eventually. Asians--we sauce propahly.

No comments: